Enter Your Details Below:
There Are 4 Types of Parenting Styles
Which One Do You Fall Under?
Question 1 of 10 How strict are you with your child?
- Very strict.
- I’m not strict at all.
- I let my child learn on their own.
- I’m quite strict, but I explain the reasons behind my strictness.
Question 2 of 10 Do you have any rules as far as discipline?
- I have rules, but my child understands the reasons behind them.
- I let my child learn through their own experiences.
- My child does whatever he or she wants.
- Yes, I have very strict rules in place.
Question 3 of 10 Do you communicate with your child often?
- We have an open communication between us.
- Yes, but it’s a one-way conversation for the most part.
- I communicate frequently and try to understand what my child is trying to say.
- There’s hardly any communication.
Question 4 of 10 How frequently do you spend time with your child?
Question 5 of 10 What do you if your child does not listen to you?
- I get angry and annoyed.
- I let my child make mistakes.
- I hardly ever tell him/her anything.
- I try to make him/her understand what I am trying to say.
Question 6 of 10 What do you do if you catch your child lying?
- I have never caught him/her lying.
- I make him/her understand why he/she should not lie.
- I get angry and scold him/her.
- I scold him/her but also explain him/her why he/she should not lie.
Question 7 of 10 If your child misbehaves with someone, what do you do or say?
- I let them be. They’ll learn with age.
- I won’t do anything.
- I’ll make my child understand why they shouldn’t misbehave to avoid the same thing from happening again.
- I’ll get angry and scold them, so they don’t ever repeat the same mistake.
Question 8 of 10 When a child asks you for something they don't need, what do you do or say?
- I say no right away.
- I let them have it. After all, they’re my kids and I want them to be happy.
- I let them have it and hope they’ll use the object wisely.
- I explain before saying no so they understand my decision.
Question 9 of 10 How often do you let your child visit their friend’s house?
- Whenever he or she wants.
- Never. He or she is too young.
- Sometimes. Depends on their reason for going.
- They never have to ask for permission.
Question 10 of 10 What career path do you want your child to follow?
- A stable career.
- I want a stable career for them, but I’ll ask what they want
- Any career they want.
- I don’t know.